Tuesday 8 October 2013

Wife’s friends forces husband seek divorce

 A 35-year-old man, Toheeb Usman, on Monday  urged  an Ilorin Area Court to dissolve his three-year old marriage to his wife, Mariam.
Usman pleaded with the Gambari Area Court for the dissolution of the marriage,  saying that Mariam was often in the company of bad friends inspite of  his objection.
“My wife is associating with a certain set of women  without conscience and who will only negatively influence her life,’’ he said.
Usman also told the court that his wife was in the habit of attending weekend parties with these friends.
The petitioner, who disclosed that his marriage was contracted in 2010, added that it  had produced a male child.
“My Lord, I want an end to this marriage because I am tired of seeing my wife with the wrong set of people,” he said.
But Mariam objected to the divorce prayer on the grounds that she was still interested in the marriage.
“My lord, I promise to de-associate myself from them (friends) because I don’t want to lose my husband.
“I promise to make him happy,” Mariam said.
She prayed the court to give  her  another opportunity to enable  her make reconciliatory  moves to save  her marriage.
The presiding judge, Yusuf Abdulkareem, adjourned the case to Oct.  25 for  possible amicable settlement. (NAN)

No comments:

Post a Comment