Wednesday 30 October 2013

76-yr-old woman escapes from kidnappers den

MRS. Otiti Esegba, a 76 year-old
grandmother, escaped from the den of her
abductors about five hours after she was
abducted, Monday. She was abducted at 2a.m. by a five-man kidnap
gang at Akperhe community in Olomu kingdom,
Ughelli South Local Government Area of Delta
State and taken away on a motorcycle to their den
at Oviri Olomu. Mrs. Esegba is the mother of the Managing
Director of Ben-Segba Technical Services Limited,
an oil servicing firm in Ekpan.



Same day, a medical practitioner, Dr. Richard Kofi,
a native of Okpare community, also in Olomu
kingdom was seized as he was entering his clinic
in Ughelli. He also escaped from his kidnappers. Prior to the Esegba and Kofi episodes, a lawyer,
Mr. Omonemu, was kidnapped by the gang and
kept for 20 days before he regained freedom. Mrs. Esegba, whose pleas to the kidnappers to
free her fell on deaf ears, said she began to pray
that God should make the two kidnappers
guarding her to fall asleep. She said they actually
fell asleep. That was when she ran. The other three had left to go and abduct more
victims, saying they needed more money. She told Vanguard: “At about 2a.m., while I was
asleep, I heard a deafening noise but before I
knew it, two heavily armed men stormed into the
house and seized me after pulling down my door. “Three others, also armed, joined them and
ransacked the house, took my jewelries, my
clothes and money. They started beating and
hitting me with guns. “Thereafter, I was dragged onto one of the
waiting motorcycles, popularly known as okada.
One sat behind me and the three others took the
other okada. The one seated behind me held my
mouth and I was blind-folded.” When she escaped, a fisherman took her in. She said: “He took me to his home at a place I
later found out to be Oviri-Olomu, after hearing
my story. “At his home I found out that he was married to
my niece. They clothed me as I was almost
naked.” “This man called my people at Akperhe at 6a.m.
They came and alerted Oviri community
leadership. That is my story.”

No comments:

Post a Comment