Tuesday 29 October 2013

Father, girlfriend kidnap 9-yr-old son

A 48-year-old man, yesterday, at the Lagos State command of the Department of State
Services, DSS, gave a starling revelation of how he
masterminded the kidnap of his nine-year-old
son in Badagry area of Lagos. The suspect, Adeyinka Adebayo, who admitted to
have connived with his 28-year-old girlfriend,
Kehinde Alonge, said he committed the act to
generate money from his church members. He added that the supposed ransom was to meet
up with his girlfriend’s demand. Parading the suspect alongside his girlfriend
before journalists, the Director, Lagos State
Command, DSS, Mr. Victor Achu, explained that
Adebayo had on October 3 reported at the
command that his son had been kidnapped.


SUSPECTS

Achu said: “The command swung into action.
Preliminary investigations confirmed the kidnap
of the boy by one Kehinde Alonge, who
demanded a ransom of N350,000 for his release
and directed that the money be paid into a UBA
account. “The account was later discovered to be owned by
one Taiwo Faloye. After series of tactical planning,
the owner of the account and Kehinde were
arrested at Ilesha, Osun State, while trying to
withdraw the money.” Drama A mild drama, however, unfolded following an
argument between Adebayo and his girlfriend
over who brought up the kidnap plan. While Adebayo claimed that Kehinde hatched the
plan to get the N200,000 she needed to open a
hairdressing saloon, the later interrupted, stating
that “he is lying. I was in Ilesha when he called
me to come to Lagos that some people owed him
money. “He said the only way to collect the money from
them was for me to come and take his son away,
while he pretends that he had been kidnapped. “I came to Lagos on October 4. I intended going
to the school to pick the boy, but Adebayo
advised I picked him from the house. “Since the children knew me, I told the boy to
follow me to get something outside and entered
the next available vehicle to Ilesha, Osun State. His
father even gave me N3,000 for transport. “When we got to Ilesha, he sent another N3,750
worth of recharge cards for his feeding. He even
called his son on phone daily. He was the one that
asked me to demand N350,000. “However, at the end of the bargain, he said I
should accept N200,000. Since I had no bank
account, I asked one of my relatives to give me
his account details. But we were arrested at the
point of withdrawal.” ‘She needed money’ However, Adebayo, a father of two, said: “My
girlfriend said she needed money to open her
own hair dressing saloon. Since I was not
financially buoyant, I decided to raise money by
masterminding my son’s kidnap. “I am a vulcanizer and business had not been
booming. Anyone I approached for money usually
declined to assist me. “To get money from my church members in
particular, I had to mastermind my son’s kidnap. “He spent nine days at my girlfriend’s house. At
the end of the day, I was able to raise N450,000
from my church members and friends, who earlier
refused to help me. “I regret my action because my son may never
forgive me if he is told. I feel ashamed also
because his mother has been down with stroke,
though we are no longer married. “I beg to be forgiven. It was the handiwork of the
devil.” The suspects, according to Ochu, would be
charged to court.

No comments:

Post a Comment