Thursday 3 October 2013

3 Suspected Cultists Nabbed Over Murder

Police in Lagos State have arrested
three suspected members of Eye and
Aiye confraternities in connection with
the murder of some rival cultists in Epe
area of the state. The suspects, it was learnt, were
arrested following investigation into
the incessant clashes between rival
cultists by members of a vigilante. Among the suspected cultists is a 200
level Business Administration student
of the Lagos State Polytechnic. Their identities were given as Olawale
Olushote 20; Idowu Gborokini 29 and
Seyi
Adewunmi, 26. According to Olushote, “I was forced
into cultism by some of my course
mates because of my built and
intimidating looks. I was told I could one
day become the Capone. But I have
never killed anyone.


from left: Seyi Adewunmi, Idowu
Gborokini and Olawale Olushote

“Rather, I was attacked by members of
Eiye confraternity, where I had gone to
charge my phone. I did not know some
members lived in the area. “They stabbed me with a knife and
broken bottle on the head. They even
put some cartridges in my pocket,
which the police found on me when I
was handed over to them. I don’t own a
gun let alone cartridges.” The two other suspects, Idowu
Gborokini and Seyi Adewunmi, however
denied being cultists. They claimed to
be a musician and a bricklayer,
respectively. They said they were
arrested during a raid by policemen. Confirming the arrest, Lagos State
Deputy Police Public Relations Officer,
Damasus Ozoani, said the suspects
have been transferred to the Special
Anti Robbery Squad, SARS, from where
they would be charged to court at the end of investigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment