Friday 29 November 2013

Ryan Giggs says he is not ready to retire after turning 40

GiggsManchester United midfielder, Ryan Giggs, has stated that he has no plans to retire, as he turns 40 on Friday.
The Welshman has spent his entire career at Old Trafford, where has made 953 appearances, since he made his debut in 1991 against Everton.
“I’m lucky that I have been at one club, where I am surrounded by good players and a good manager,” he said.
“It can be hard sometimes but I am still enjoying it. As long as that is the case I will carry on.”
Giggs, who has won 13 league titles – as much as Arsenal have – is out of contract at the end of the season. Although he now has coaching duties, he plans to continue playing as long as he can.
“If I’d moved from club to club I’d be finished by now,” he added. “I look after myself and try to train every day in order to make myself available for selection,” added Giggs.
“I enjoy it as much as I can and, of course, try to contribute to the team.”

No comments:

Post a Comment