Monday 2 September 2013

Suarez confirms he is staying at Liverpool



The Uruguay international attracted transfer offers
from Arsenal but the player has now ended the
speculation by admitting that he considers the
move as a "closed chapter" Luis Suarez has put a definitive end to speculation surrounding his future by confirming that he will
remain at Liverpool. The 26-year-old has been the subject of transfer
interest from Arsenal but Goal revealed in August that the Uruguay international was resigned to
staying at the Anfield club for another season .
Liverpool's stance on their top goalscorer from
last season was clear throughout, but Suarez has
now insisted he was never searching for a move
away from the club, labelling the saga as "a
closed chapter". "When I left England, I had no news and I have no
news now. To me, this is a closed chapter," he
told reporters in Uruguay ahead of their 2013
World Cup Qualifying trip to Peru on Friday.
"I always said that if something came up then
fine, but if not then I'd stay happily at Liverpool, and that's what I'm going to do.
"There were reports of several clubs signing me,
but in the end I'm happy because I'm staying at
Liverpool."
Arsenal thought they had exercised a release
clause for the player with a bid of £40,000,001, yet club owner John W. Henry insisted the clause
only permits them to inform the player of the bid
rather than sell.
But the north London club have been forced to
pursue other transfer targets over the summer,
with Goal revealing the club have sealed a spectacular deal to sign Real Madrid winger Mesut
Ozil on a five-year contract.

No comments:

Post a Comment