Tuesday 3 September 2013

Official: Manchester United sign Fellaini from Everton

The reigning Premier League champions have
made their first significant purchase of the
window, bringing the 25-year-old midfielder to
the club after agreeing a £27.5 million fee



The Belgian heads to Old Trafford for a fee of
£27.5 million, where he is reunited with former
manager David Moyes. Goal understands that the deal was verbally agreed on Monday morning but United were made to wait on movements
from the Toffees to bring in replacements.
David Moyes commented: "I have worked with
Marouane for five years and I’m delighted he has
decided to join Manchester United. He is a player
with great ability and strength and I think he will make a real difference to our squad." Fellaini submitted a transfer request in the
evening to waive any loyalty-bonus payment in order to ease the move and now, with Wigan's James McCarthy and Manchester City's Gareth Barry
also confirmed at Goodison Park , the transfer has been pushed through.
Speaking to the club's official website, Fellaini
added: "I am thrilled to sign for Manchester
United. I have known the manager for many years
now and I have a lot of respect for his way of
working. "When I was given the opportunity to work with
him again, I jumped at the chance. I had a
fantastic time at Everton and I’d like to thank all
the fans and staff there for everything they have
done for me.
"But being a Manchester United player is something that every player dreams of and I
believe that I can make a real contribution to the
team’s efforts to win trophies in the future."
United had also hoped to sign Leighton Baines
from Moyes's former club but the Toffees rebuffed
their advances throughout the summer, with the Premier League champions never meeting their
£20m valuation of the left-back.

No comments:

Post a Comment