Wednesday 4 September 2013

I have really missed playing football – Osaze Odemwingie



Embattled Super Eagles star, Osaze Odemwingie
has confessed that he missed football following a
long layoff. The estranged Eagles attacker said he
was eager to prove his worth to Cardiff after
signing from West Bromwich Albion for £2.5m. The 32-year-old Nigeria international became
surplus to requirements at the Hawthorns after the
striker’s infamous drive to London in a bid to
engineer a move to Queens Park Rangers at the
end of the January transfer window. “I missed football and I am delighted to come to
a fast-progressing team,” he told Cardiff City
Player. “They have a young manager with a lot of
ambition. He has done really well in a short period
and I hope to help the team become better and I
am grateful for the confidence they have shown in
me. “I am very motivated and ready for action. The last
six months, coming on as a substitute for 10-15
minutes, was not what made me happy and I am
a better player when I am happy. I am very hungry
and I will show the same attitude I had when I
was scoring a lot of goals in games in the Premier League.” Odemwingie will use the international break to
get acquainted with his team-mates before their
Premier League trip to face Hull City on Saturday
week. Odemwingie’s Eagles teammates will play Malawi
as he continues his absence from the team. The
attacker has not featured for Nigeria since last
year. His layoff from the game was all round as he
neither played for country nor club for the period.
His statements from his Twitter handle separated him and the Nigeria coach Keshi just as
uncomplimentary tweets knocked him off finally
from his Hawthorns base.

No comments:

Post a Comment