Saturday 7 September 2013

Drug Trafficker, Nnaemeka, Caught Again; Says I Need Money To Get Married



A 36-year-old man, Nnaemeka Benjamin, who is standing trial after he was caught smuggling cocaine, but was granted bail by the court, has been arrested again for the same offence. During investigation, Nnaemeka, who has excreted the drugs he ingested, said: “I am long overdue to marry but I have
no wife. I know that what I did is bad but
it is due to unemployment. I was first arrested in 2009 when I went to Brazil to
smuggle Cocaine. When I came out on
bail, there was no job for me to do. Although my case with the NDLEA is
pending in court; I decided to try again
hoping that I might be lucky. “This time around they promised to pay
me four million naira. My intention was to
settle down because I want to be working
rather than staying idle. I am still single at my age. It is not that I do not want to be married but there is no money and no
job.”
The accused, who is standing trial for
Cocaine smuggling at the Lagos High
Court, Ikoyi, was re-arrested with
1.820kg of heroin by officials of the NDLEA at the Murtala Muhammed
International Airport, Lagos. Nnaemeka, in his confessional statement, is
insisting that he went back to drug
trafficking because he couldn’t find a better
job to do to enable him gather money for
marriage. NDLEA Airport Commander, Hamza Umar
said “He excreted a total of 100 wraps
weighing 1.820kg.” He will be charged to court a again and it
seems there will be no bail for him this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment