Thursday 29 August 2013

My wife is dirty, man tells court

Emmanuel Kayode, of Maraba Area, Ilorin, on
Thursday told an Ilorin Area Court that his wife,
Omolade Emmanuel was dirty. The 35-year-old man prayed the court to dissolve
his three-year-old marriage to Omolade, for being
dirty. “My wife hardly sweeps our surroundings and
bedroom, and that makes our environment
irritating and unconducive,” he said. According to him, their marriage was contracted
in 2010 and has produced one female child,
Morufat. He prayed the court to dissolve the marriage,
saying that he is tired of his wife’s dirty habit. The defendant objected to the divorce prayer on
ground that she was still interested in the
marriage. “My lord, I promise to keep my home and
environment clean, and carry out my domestic
chores as expected of me,” she said. She prayed the court to give them another day for
her to make a reconciliatory step. The Presiding Officer, Mr Ibrahim Abdulquadri,
adjourned the case to Oct.3, to enable the parties
resolve their differences amicably or continue
hearing of the case. (NAN)

No comments:

Post a Comment