Friday 20 September 2013

Totti Signs a New Roma Contract Extension.



The 36-year-old Roma captain, who has
been at the Serie A club since childhood, has
reportedly accepted a 30% pay cut and will
earn 3.5 million euros per season. “I want to thank (Roma) president (James
Pellotta) for this contract,” Totti said on
Friday at a press conference. “In the end, this is what we all wanted, the
club and I. “I want to thank him (Pellotta) because this
new deal gives me the opportunity to
continue to wear the only jersey that I have
loved and been a fan of. “I have two more years of responsibility and
I know that in these two years we will be
able to do great things.” Totti, who made his Serie A debut with
Roma in 1993 at the age of 16, has won one
Scudeto title, two Italian Cups and two
Italian Supercups. Aside from playing over 500 league games
for the Giallorossi’s, he has earned 58 caps
for the Italian national team scoring 9 goals.
He also won the 2006 World Cup with Italy. Roma are joint top of the Serie A table
alongside Napoli and plays in the Rome
Derby against city rivals Lazio on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment