Sunday 22 September 2013

Diego Alves eyes Barcelona move



The keeper has admitted his interest in moving
to Camp Nou as the Catalans look to replace
Victor Valdes ahead of his decision to leave the
club next summer Valencia goalkeeper Diego Alves has revealed he would be interested in a move to Barcelona. Victor Valdes' decision to leave Camp Nou
when his contract expires next summer means
the current Liga champions are on the look out
for a replacement.
And the Brazil international admitted he is
happy to have been linked with the club but says no approach has been made as yet.
"Who wouldn’t like to play for Barca?" Alves
told Placar. "Still, it [moving to Barcelona] isn’t
just down to me. There is always speculation
about me, but nothing official.
"I’ll keep doing my job for Valencia, where I have a contract until 2015. However, I’m sorry
that Valdes is leaving. He’s a great loss to them.
I think he’s the most in-form keeper around."
Valdes proved instrumental in Barcelona's 4-0
win at Rayo on Saturday as he saved a second
penalty inside a week, and those efforts won the applause of Blaugrana boss Gerardo
Martino.
"I don’t think it’s for me to say [if Valdes is the
best keeper in Spain]. He’s in exceptional form,
he’s among the top three Spanish keepers, and
all I can do is enjoy it," Martino said. "He made three or four key saves, but there’s
no chance of him renewing his contract."
The Spain international had already confirmed
as much last Saturday, stating: "Always I am a
professional. I have spoken with the club
without problems but my choice has not changed.
"I am happy for this season and after, I leave. I
do not need to add more quotes."
The 31-year-old Barcelona youth product has
made over 350 appearances since being
promoted to the first team in 2002, en route to winning six Primera Liga and three Champions
League titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment