Wednesday 9 October 2013

“I did not call myself the best player in the world” – Bendtner

Bendtner warms upArsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner, has denied that he ever called himself the best footballer in the world.
The Dane has been criticized for comments he made about three years ago in an interview, but has now sought to clarify those comments.
“I basically said that I think that anybody who plays football in the world would love to be the best. I think that’s a normal statement and that got [changed] to me saying that I was the best player in the world,” he told Arsenal Player.
“I don’t know where that came from. I still listen to it now and again and still see it. If people want to believe that, then that’s that.”
The 25-year-old also admitted that fathering a child and his time away from the Emirates, has given him a new perspective of life.
“First of all I had a baby, which changed me a lot. I think a lot of people say that you have babies and they change you but for me I could really feel a big difference to my life.
“Being abroad showed me a lot of different things and different aspects of how to live and how to cope with problems and things like that. I think that has given me a lot more as a man.”

No comments:

Post a Comment